Animation as background on dashboard

exort

28 Jan, 2019 09:17 PM

Hello Andromo team,

A little something for you to investigate as I couldn't find it by "forum or discussion search".
I needed to upload a background image to my app and in the proposed image format there are only .jpg and.png formats. I had in mind to make an animated background I gave it a try and uploaded animated .gif file. Nothing big 300KB.
And it works, I have a proper animated waving country flag as a background.

But, there are issues.

I cant control the size of the image. Somehow its stuck that the height is always filling 100% of the screen and the width is centered and out of the border of the screen.

Second. There is a glitch in the matrix. A loop starts briefly and then stops. To move it again you need action, either leaving and entering the app again (without terminating it from the phone process), or entering an activity and getting back to the dashboard. This happens when you build your app with the option to start app with "open drawe".

Would you advice me not to use animated .gif as background or can I use it but risk crashes?

So far I haven't got any reported crashes on my apps published on Google Play Store.

By the way, I am quite happy with Andromo being easy to build and publish an app in less then an hour.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Andromo App Mak... on 29 Jan, 2019 03:04 PM

Hello
    Thank you, exort, we are glad you liked it!

Regarding your question
    Now, unfortunately, we only support such image formats .jpg .png, but we are working to support other types of images.
    You can use .gif as background but we do not guarantee the correct operation of the program.
    Have a nice day!

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Andromo App Maker please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac