Downloading files

groschialeux

19 Feb, 2019 02:40 PM

Hello,

Does Andromo have an activity to download files ? I need to create an app that will do nothing but download files.

Thank you

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Andromo App Mak... on 19 Feb, 2019 03:55 PM

Hello Eric,
    No, Andromo don't have an activity to download files, but you can try to use html activity
    Good luck with your app!

2. 2 Posted by groschialeux on 19 Feb, 2019 04:37 PM

Hello,

Thank you for the quick reply. Unfortunately that will not work for me. As I understand it, the HTML Archive embeds the files in the application. That will not work for me and the 25 mb limit is also an issue.

Here's what I need to do, maybe you can tell me if it can be done with Andromo. I created maps to use with an application called OsmAnd. I have 3 sets of maps containing from 1 to 20 files each (binary files), ranging in size from a few kilobytes to over 400 megs.

People using those maps currently have to connect their device to a copy and copy the files manually every time there is an update. I want to build an application for them to easily download the files in the correct location and update them when a new version os available.

I am a programmer but I don't know Java or Kotlin and I have never developed Android apps. I will learn it if I have to but I would rather not if there is a faster/easier way of doing it.

Is there any way I can do this with Adromo ?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Andromo App Mak... on 04 Mar, 2019 01:56 PM

Hello groschialeux,
    Currently we do not support the addition of large files, but we plan to implement this feature in the future.
    Thank You!

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Andromo App Maker please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac