Question - Submenu

akilesvshector23

26 Apr, 2018 07:05 PM

Good afternoon. I wanted to ask if it is currently possible to create a submenu in the andromo app?

thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Colin on 26 Apr, 2018 07:48 PM

Sub menus are a feature that still needs to be implemented on the website. (It's already there in the engine but there is no user interface for it yet.)

If you need a solution right now, it is technically possible to create a menu using special "andromo://" links on HTML pages that direct to an activity in your project. You would need to create the links on an HTML-based activity (a Custom Page or HTML Archive activity) for each level in your submenu. See: http://support.andromo.com/kb/activities/html-archive-activity#link...

2. 2 Posted by akilesvshector2... on 26 Apr, 2018 10:07 PM

Thank you very much for your answer. I wanted to ask you something more:

Is it possible to use the html code (of the structure) that exist at this moment in the dashboard to make a sub menu similar graphically?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Lorne Laliberte on 26 Apr, 2018 10:15 PM

Hello,

No, because the dashboard does not use HTML -- the dashboard is implemented using native Android components.

Colin's suggestion was to use one of the HTML-based activityies as an alternative to the app's native Android dashboard.

There is no way to mix the two approaches, except to use the native dashboard for your outermost level, and use custom HTML pages for the "sub" levels. There is no way to visibly show the "sub" levels on the main dashboard at all, unless you were to replace the main dashboard with your own HTML list of some kind, making use of the andromo:// links to open your various activities from HTML. That approach is possible, but as with any other HTML content it is not something we can assist you with at all.

4. 4 Posted by akilesvshector2... on 26 Apr, 2018 10:19 PM

Okay, . I like how they have updated andromo. Thank you very much

5. Darryl Hnatiuk closed this discussion on 27 Apr, 2018 11:59 AM.

6. akilesvshector23 re-opened this discussion on 30 Apr, 2018 03:45 PM

7. 5 Posted by akilesvshector2... on 30 Apr, 2018 03:45 PM

Good morning. I wanted to ask one last question before renewing my membership.

Is it possible to have some activities and that they do not go to the main menu?

Because there are some activities that are exclusive to the sub menu

thanks

8. Support Staff 6 Posted by Darryl Hnatiuk on 30 Apr, 2018 06:42 PM

Hi,

Each activity contains a checkbox in it's settings labeled "Hide this activity (don't list it on any dashboards or navigation drawer)". I believe that is what you're looking for.

Darryl

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Andromo App Maker please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac