Linking Map Activity to Gallery Activity

horizon17

06 Jan, 2017 06:35 PM

Hello.
I just try to create my first app.
I have map activity (main), with many points and I need create special page
for each point. (gallery or html)
Question: how create link from map point to another activity?
Thanks you!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Lorne Laliberte on 06 Jan, 2017 07:22 PM

Hello,

I don't think it is possible to include a working link within the Map description text, so this might not be possible using the Map activity in Andromo.

It is possible to create an HTML link to open another activity within Andromo...for example, see: Linking to another activity. However I'm not aware if such links are usable on a map activity.

If hyperlinks aren't supported in the Map activity description text, then what you're planning wouldn't be possible in the Map activity included in Andromo. You would need to create a custom map implementation on your own using HTML (which would not be easy, but is technically possible), and display it using an HTML Archive activity, to get something like that to work.

2. 2 Posted by horizon17 on 06 Jan, 2017 10:04 PM

Hello again.
    I create hyperlink in the Map activity description text: <a href="
    andromo://gallery80686">About</a>
    and this is work as hyperlink!
    But, when I try to go to link - app show error: "Web-page is unavailable"
    ( but I have activity gallery80686 )
    Why is this happening?

Thanks you.

2017-01-06 22:22 GMT+03:00 Lorne Laliberte <[email blocked]
    >:

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Lorne Laliberte on 06 Jan, 2017 10:10 PM

Hello,

It looks like the description text supports regular hyperlinks, but the andromo://links to other activities are not supported. Those andromo:// links require custom handling within the activities where they are supported. It appears the Map does not have that custom handling implemented.

This is something we would need to add in a future update. I will create a ticket to see if we can add it at some point in the future if possible.

4. 4 Posted by bhather on 08 Jan, 2017 05:41 AM

Hello,

I was searching and had the same question. We want the ability to do the following:

- Load points on map from some data source (like external URL/API or RSS feed, etc..)

- For each point it could have an optional small icon/thumbnail and optional text short description (again, can be defined from the map points data source mentioned above

- For each point, when clicked, could open/show a webpage URL.

- Option when app loads, for Map to load center on the user's current GPS location.

For URL links in web browser, would be nice if when clicked, can go back to the Map object with a specific point centered.

Also would be nice for the Dashboard Type, if we can draw/place different activities in the arrangement we want, example: show Map and Gallery at the same time when the app loads.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Darryl Hnatiuk on 09 Jan, 2017 01:57 PM

Hi bhather,

Thanks for the suggestions, I've submitted them for future consideration.

Darryl

6. 6 Posted by horizon17 on 11 Jan, 2017 07:59 PM

Hello, Lorne.
    You was say: "This is something we would need to add in a future update."
    How many time is about to happen? over week, month, half year?
    Thanks you.

2017-01-07 1:10 GMT+03:00 Lorne Laliberte <[email blocked]>
    :

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Lorne Laliberte on 11 Jan, 2017 08:22 PM

Hello,

It has been added to our list of things to consider implementing in the future, but we are busy working on other features right now. Making those links work from the map activity also may not be possible for technical reasons, so I cannot say when or if it will be added at this time.

8. Lorne Laliberte closed this discussion on 11 Jan, 2017 08:22 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac