Youtube RSS feed "Video is not optimized for mobile"

kurios

14 May, 2012 12:22 PM

Is there any way to do so the RSS feeds for youtube videos is playing the videos for mobiles.
I have the app listing the videos perfectly and tried format1,5 in the api creator too, without luck.

Anyone managed to find a workaround so the videos from the rss feed is shown in the suitable mode for Mobiles?

1. 2 Posted by Mark Mruss on 14 May, 2012 03:53 PM

Hi,

I'm not sure exactly why that happens, but it may be an issue related to the videos hosted on YouTube as opposed to a problem with the video feed.

If you can supply us with the URL that you are using we can look into it and see if there is anything we can do.

Sincerely,

Mark Mruss

2. 3 Posted by kurios on 15 May, 2012 04:32 PM

3. 4 Posted by Mark Mruss on 15 May, 2012 04:50 PM

Hi,

I tested that YouTube feed on my HTC phone running Android 2.2 and I was able to watch the first video without an error. Is there a specific video in that list that is causing you some problems?

Sincerely,

Mark Mruss

4. 5 Posted by kurios on 16 May, 2012 08:32 AM

It is all videos.. But maybe it only happens when I use it in my app HTC Nexus one - just click the youtube logo - I have attached the apk file.
    It will load the video, but it shows it "in browser" and the "not optimized for mobile" shows up.
    The youtube feature is used with playlist.

5. Support Staff 6 Posted by Darryl Hnatiuk on 16 May, 2012 12:52 PM

Hi,

I tried your app, and the YouTube part worked fine for me. The way it works is that if you have the YouTube app installed on your device, when you click on an item, it will open the video in the YouTube app (which is optimized for mobile). To my knowledge it always comes installed. If the YouTube app isn't there, it will be opened in a web browser, which is what it sounds like it's doing for you.

Darryl

6. 7 Posted by kurios on 16 May, 2012 01:42 PM

ahh okay, I will test it on my girlfriends phone and see.. (Though I thought I already did that) I will let you know wether or not it worked :)

7. Darryl Hnatiuk closed this discussion on 22 May, 2012 12:25 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac