Security exception crashes and nullpoint exception crashes

solimanhamad

07 Oct, 2018 09:12 AM

Good day everyone.
I am reading on google play console that there are these two crashes occurring on daily basis.
both cause 42 crashes last three days.
The first is SecurityException - in u.a
And the Second is NullPointException - in AndromoActivity$4.a
What do those terms mean? and how do I handle these crashes. Thank you.

Please notice that I am not a developer at any level. ( that's why I need andromo)

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Colin on 09 Oct, 2018 11:26 PM

All apps will experience an occasional crash due due to the thousands of different devices out there, with different version of Android, custom roms and firmwares. It's not something to worry about when you have a few crashes - that is normal. 42 our of how many app sessions? Andromo apps are exceedingly stable with minuscule levels of such issues when measured as a percentage. Our stability record is actually quite incredible...

If you are able to replicate a problem though, we'd be happy to look into it. We just need the exact steps to reproduce it.

2. Colin closed this discussion on 09 Oct, 2018 11:26 PM.

3. solimanhamad re-opened this discussion on 14 Oct, 2018 06:42 AM

4. 2 Posted by solimanhamad on 14 Oct, 2018 06:42 AM

What you are saying is correct. I used to get 3 crashes per week at max, that was from Jan 2018 to Sept 2018. And yeah it was nothing 50 crashes only vs 20,000 download for the past 9 months. The app was extremely stable.

But then I added License Agreement and since then the crashes increased significantly. total of 120 in the last two weeks. That got me worried. If this is usual I am fine with it. Never released an app before so I have no clear idea.

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Colin on 15 Oct, 2018 03:03 PM

Yes, that percentage is incredibly low. As you get more installs of course the number of potential problematic devices will increase, however the percentage should be fairly consistent.

6. Colin closed this discussion on 15 Oct, 2018 03:03 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Andromo App Maker please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac