Application removed from google play store

Andro devlop

12 Sep, 2018 09:30 AM

Hello Everyone i got this email from google play can someone help me what can i do to slove the issue :

After review, xxxxxxxxx
, has been removed from Google Play due to a policy violation. This app won’t be available to users until you submit compliant update.

Issue: Violation of the Personal and Sensitive Information and Usage of Android Advertising ID Policies

We have determined that your app uses a permanent device identifier and does not prominently disclose this practice. If your app collects and transmits personal or sensitive user data unrelated to functionality described prominently in the app’s listing on Google Play or in the app interface, then prior to the collection and transmission, it must prominently highlight how the user data will be used and have the user provide affirmative consent for such use.

Any advertising identifier must not be connected to personally-identifiable information or associated with any persistent device identifier (for example: SSAID, MAC address, IMEI, etc.) without explicit consent of the user.

Next steps: Submit your app for another review

Read through the Personal and Sensitive Information and Android Advertising ID policy pages.
Make changes to your app to bring it into compliance:
If you wish to continue to enable the collection of persistent device identifiers from devices which have an Android Advertising ID, please modify your app to meet privacy policy and prominent disclosure requirements for handling of personal or sensitive user data. Refer to the Android Developers site for more information on working with advertising IDs.
- or-
Cease collection of persistent device identifiers from devices which have an Android Advertising ID. You may need to contact your SDK provider for an updated version to include in your app.
Make sure that your app is compliant with all other Developer Program Policies. Additional enforcement could occur if there are further policy violations.
Sign in to your Play Console and upload the modified, policy compliant APK. Be sure to increment the version number of the APK.
Submit your app.
If approved, your app will again be available with all installs, ratings, and reviews intact.

If you’ve reviewed the policy and feel this removal may have been in error, please reach out to our policy support team. One of my colleagues will get back to you within 2 business days.

Best,

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Colin on 12 Sep, 2018 11:24 AM

You probably don’t have a Privacy Policy setup or you never updated your apps for GDPR?

https://forums.andromo.com/discussion/2396/violation-of-the-persona...

2. 2 Posted by Andro devlop on 12 Sep, 2018 11:42 AM

thanks so much bro i'm reading there and looking for help it looks so helpful
    thanks so much for your quik reply

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Colin on 12 Sep, 2018 11:45 AM

Let us know how it goes.

When was your app last updated?

4. 4 Posted by Andro devlop on 12 Sep, 2018 01:21 PM

january 2018
    i'll share later my experience here for benefits of all members

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Colin on 12 Sep, 2018 01:28 PM

Ahhh, so long before the GDPR update. Good to update those apps no matter
    what...

6. 6 Posted by Andro devlop on 12 Sep, 2018 01:45 PM

*** I only use Admob and none of my apps had been updated since before May 2018, so none had the GDPR update
    **They are all very different: some had youtube activity, some had a website activity,
    ***none of them had a Privacy Policy URL listed in "Store Listings" inside the google play account.

plz will plz give me clear steps one by one to do
    so i can update all my apps will plz help me with that
    thanks in advance

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Colin on 12 Sep, 2018 01:52 PM

That forum link has everything you need, plus more. Start here:

It sounds like you do not have a privacy policy link in your google play listing and/or you haven't used the License Agreement feature to get consent (http://support.andromo.com/kb/application-settings/settings#license...) for showing ads. ALL ad networks use the Android Advertising ID (including AdMob), so it sounds like Google may be wanting you to disclose that now in these ways.

The Google Play privacy policy seems to be more or less required now for adding new apps, so I can see them looking at existing apps too... Any ads in your app, like Admob etc, they all use the Android Advertising ID. Either way, a privacy policy is essential for apps. There has been much discussion on these forums about that. Not having one, may not be an option anymore.

Website activities could be an issue of you require logins, signups etc.

I'd recommend that you use the License Agreement feature to require people to accept your terms and disclose that ads, analytics etc are being used that make use of the Android Advertising ID.

More details:
    http://support.andromo.com/kb/application-settings/settings#license...

http://support.andromo.com/kb/common-questions/eu-user-consent-priv...

https://blog.andromo.com/2018/creating-gdpr-compliant-apps-with-and...

So, add a Privacy Policy to your Google Play listing. And also enable the License Agreement and make sure that it says somewhere says "This app shows ads that use the Android Advertising ID to deliver their ads to you" among your other terms and privacy policy. Then rebuild and resubmit as they said.

Don't know where to start with a Privacy Policy? This article seems pretty appropriate:

https://medium.com/@ali.muzaffar/did-you-get-one-of-these-google-pl...

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Andromo App Maker please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac