App no show banner, just a blank box

applibres

21 Jun, 2018 04:07 PM

Hello, I have created five applications and in all there are problems to display the banner. 99% of the time a blank box appears and nothing is shown. Sometimes the banner is shown in some activities but in others it is not.

The admob codes are well entered

What's going on ? How can i fix this ?

Thank you

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Darryl Hnatiuk on 21 Jun, 2018 05:02 PM

Hi,

The code for showing AdMob banners is exactly the same for every activity in Andromo. If you've seen a banner ad in your app, it means everything is configured correctly as far as your AdMob Ad Unit ID goes. In the cases where you're periodically not seeing a banner ad in that app, it means that the request for an ad from AdMob failed. The most common failure is the "No fill from Ad Server" which means "The ad request was successful, but no ad was returned due to lack of ad inventory." There are other scenarios, but in all cases no ad will be shown if AdMob's server returned an error.

In the case where you've never seen a banner ad in your app, you should set your device as a test device to show test ads which will tell you whether or not your ID is entered/configured properly. This is something you should always be doing to avoid your account being flagged due to invalid activity:

http://support.andromo.com/kb/monetization-options/setting-up-admob...

When your device is set as a test device in your app, you may still encounter "no fill" situations, however from my understanding it's intentional for developer testing.

For any further information you would need to contact AdMob since they're the only ones who could give you further details about the ads being served/not served to your apps.

Darryl

2. 2 Posted by applibres on 21 Jun, 2018 05:42 PM

Hello, the codes that I enter if they work because I have tried them on another platform and IF the banner is displayed.

I've only seen a banner once in the five apps that I created new.

It can be a problem of andromo when updating the google sdk admob?

Also, it does not just happen to me, there are other users who are having the same problem, the banner goes blank.

You should look at it before sending us to ask admob. Thank you

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Darryl Hnatiuk on 21 Jun, 2018 07:32 PM

I tested two apps you built recently, one that contained one of your own ad unit IDs, and one where you used a test banner supplied by AdMob. Attached are the screenshots.

You should be aware that when you create new ad unit IDs, it can take a few hours for them to become active on AdMob and that live ads (ads that aren't test ads, or set as a test device) usually won't be served until there's enough requests/different devices. It can also sometimes take a couple minutes for ads to begin to be served the first time, or after periods of inactivity for the ad unit. You should always set your device as a test device to confirm things are working.

Darryl

4. 4 Posted by applibres on 21 Jun, 2018 09:12 PM

Hello Darryl, and why does it look like this on my phone? (Assistant screenshot).

As you can see, a blank box is shown and the banner does not appear. Pass in all activities.

When I put the test codes YES, it always works, but when I put mine, they are NOT and they have been created for 4 days.

My admob code works perfectly because as I said, I tried it on another platform and it always shows up.

Something is happening that I can not understand or know how to solve it.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Darryl Hnatiuk on 22 Jun, 2018 05:41 AM

Hi,

Using AdMob's sample test banner ID isn't the same as adding your device as a test device to the app and using your own AdMob ID which is what I instructed you to do in the article I pointed to:

http://support.andromo.com/kb/monetization-options/setting-up-admob...

The availability of ads, and what ads are served by AdMob depend on various factors such as location, advertising ID (personalized ads), or non-personalized ads (for EU users - GDPR), app content (linked to Google Play), whether your app is live on Google Play or not, and how many unique devices/users are triggering ad requests. A blank space means no ad was given to your app.

The bottom line is that if you see test ads using your own AdMob IDs, then everything is working properly.

Darryl

6. 6 Posted by applibres on 22 Jun, 2018 08:49 AM

Thanks Darryl for the answers. I will continue to watch to see if it shows the banners perfectly.

Thank you for answering so fast and worrying about the subject.

A greeting.

7. Darryl Hnatiuk closed this discussion on 22 Jun, 2018 12:13 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Andromo App Maker please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac