messaging in facebook

droiddromo

07 May, 2018 11:10 PM

I used facebook activity to landed into facebook pages, you all know facebook have it messenger there, when i click message tab then i can not go anywhere else since my app shows an unknown error scheme.. How to solve it guys..? please help.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Darryl Hnatiuk on 08 May, 2018 12:39 PM

Hi,

I was able to replicate what you described by testing in an app, as well as the mobile page in Chrome. In Chrome, it opens the Facebook Messenger app if installed, or Google Play if it's not. I've submitted a ticket to have the issue investigated further to see what's happening there.

As of right now the only thing I can suggest is to use your Facebook page URL in a Website activity with the "Open website in external browser" option enabled instead of the Facebook activity. That would open the page in the Chrome browser instead of the app.

Darryl

2. 2 Posted by droiddromo on 09 May, 2018 12:30 PM

Hi Darryl,
    thanks for the help, and great that the team here now understand and try to solve.
    Hope it will be solved, since still many people in the rest of the is still connected via facebook and their messenger. It was not everybody use chrome for many reason , and however it will be better if the facebook is there inside the app to connect people, and perhaps whatsapp is something to consider. Andromo have a good contact activity which opens the dialer,show the numbers up and people can dial directy. Good if you make similar things with whatsapp. Keep it simple and rocks..!
    ----
    Anyhow its good..! keeep the woorrrrkk upppp guys..

---

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Darryl Hnatiuk on 09 May, 2018 12:53 PM

Hi,

Just to clarify, the "Open website in external browser" option uses whatever the user's default browser is on their device, not specifically the Chrome browser app. Andromo's Facebook activity is essentially a Website activity that loads the Facebook mobile page. Since the Messaging link is trying to open an external app, specific handling in the code would be required. The same situation applies for whatsapp links.

Yes I understand opening the Facebook page externally isn't ideal, and both are on present in our ticket system to investigate in the future.

Darryl

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Andromo App Maker please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

14 Aug, 2018 08:33 AM
14 Aug, 2018 08:31 AM
13 Aug, 2018 10:23 PM