How to stream videos in app

SagacityApps

08 Jan, 2017 02:29 PM

Hello

so i actually bought andromo to stream my youtube videos but that does not work anymore because the user will be taken to the youtube app and i don't want that.

is there any other way to stream videos in my app using andromo or would it be possible to upload the video directly into the app like the photo/audio activity?

Thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Darryl Hnatiuk on 09 Jan, 2017 01:35 PM

Hi,

The YouTube activity is the only activity type in Andromo that supports video, and yes it does open the video in the YouTube app in order to comply with their Ad Policies. It is not possible to include video files like the photo/audio activities.

The only other thing you could try is embedding the YouTube video via HTML and streaming it that way (which you may have tried already). However in that case you'll also want to disable ads in Andromo on that page to avoid a violation.

Darryl

2. 2 Posted by SagacityApps on 10 Jan, 2017 09:20 PM

Okay Darryl

but I believe andromo is a company that intends to keep its customers happy. I know it's been a while since google place those restrictions on video streaming apps. should't the andromo team have found solution to that yet?
    I'm just wondering because after reading the forum what I found is a lot of people talking about HTML archive but html is a code language.

so isin'tt that against what you'r advertising because your homepage says build andriod apps without code?

Anyway, does the andromo team have any intentions of adding a video streaming or downloading activity anytime soon?

Thanks

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Lorne Laliberte on 10 Jan, 2017 10:31 PM

. I know it's been a while since google place those restrictions on video streaming apps. should't the andromo team have found solution to that yet?

There is no "solution" possible to those restrictions. Google does not permit showing ads along with YouTube video. So if showing ads is the reason you don't want the video being shown in an activity from the YouTube player instead of an activity from within your app, that is not something you will ever be able to do (with any tool) without risking permanent loss of your Google account.

so isin'tt that against what you'r advertising because your homepage says build andriod apps without code?

Andromo does provide a way to show videos without any coding: using the YouTube activity.

Some users have used the HTML Archive activity to build apps that show an embedded player in HTML, which is why Darryl suggested that, however we do not provide support for HTML coding, so if you want to go that route, you'll need to seek help from another user or figure it out on your own.

Anyway, does the andromo team have any intentions of adding a video streaming or downloading activity anytime soon?

Some form of streaming video within the app is on our list of suggestions, so it is something we might add in the future if it proves to be feasible,
    but we have no immediate plans to add this to Andromo any time soon; we are currently busy working on a very large overall update.

4. Lorne Laliberte closed this discussion on 10 Jan, 2017 10:31 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

24 Jul, 2017 06:57 PM
24 Jul, 2017 12:26 PM
24 Jul, 2017 12:03 PM