AUDIO PLAYER DOES NOT PLAY

karurkaviyanban@gmail.com

10 Nov, 2016 05:07 PM

DEAR SIR/MADAM

MY ANDROID APP HAS AUDIO PLAYER BY USING URL STREAM ID'S. BUT THIS ACTIVITY ALSO WORK VERY WELL IN DESKTOP BY USING YOU WAVE ANDROID SOFTWARE. BUT THE AUDIO ACTIVITY DOES NOT PLAY THE STREAM URL IN ANDROID MOBILE PHONE.
IT INDICATES AS ERROR IN ACCESSING AUDIO.

WAT IS THE PROBLEM..? PLS HELP ME IMMEDIATELY ...

NOTE:

THE STREAMING URL IS CREATED BY USING GOOGLE SHORTNER TECHNOLOGY.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Lorne Laliberte on 10 Nov, 2016 05:45 PM

Hello,

Andromo uses the standard Android audio framework, which is compatible with most audio streaming formats. However, due to bugs/changes introduced by the manufacturers, there are some formats that can be problematic on various devices. For example, many devices have problems playing AAC+SBR audio, and several Samsung devices have serious bugs that report audio errors even when they don't exist, causing playback to stop.

Unfortunately being able to play an audio stream on a desktop player doesn't indicate whether you will be able to play that stream on a particular Android device. The only way to positively test whether a stream will play on a device is to test it on a device.

The Android audio framework also has issues with some forms of URL redirection. I would suggest using a direct URL to the stream rather than a goo.gl link, if that's what you mean by "GOOGLE SHORTNER TEHCNOLOGY."

2. 2 Posted by karurkaviyanban... on 11 Nov, 2016 12:00 AM

THANK U SO MUCH FOR UR HELP..

AM USING MP3 FORMATE AND NOT DESKTOP PLAYER. ITS A SOFTWARE FOR USING AS ANDROID PLATFORM VIA COMPUTER. ITS REDIRECT THE URL CORRECTLY, BUT NOT IN MOBILE.

YA AM USING SAMSUNG GALAXY MOBILE PHONE.

THE DIRECT URL IS TOO LONG SO LIKE AM USING GOOGLE URL SHORTNER.

NOW HOW CAN I FIX THE BUGS

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Lorne Laliberte on 11 Nov, 2016 12:41 AM

Hello,

Testing in a software emulator isn't going to exhibit the same issues you may encounter on a device, unless the emulator also contains the same bugs as the device, since the bugs are typically caused by the manufacturer (e.g. Samsung) and are not present in Android itself.

Anything running on a computer is also likely using very different Internet APIs. The only way to test an app's Internet access properly is to test on a real device.

Andromo permits very long URLs (up to the limit allowed for a valid URL) so you do not need to use anything to shorten it. I don't know if the use of an the url shortener is a problem (it may work just fine either way), however as your URL currently won't play that is one thing I would suggest you try to change.

Another possible issue is if the URL you are using is not a direct link to the audio stream. If you use a link that involves a download manager, analytics tracker, or any other kind of redirect in it, that is probably not going to work. If that is the cause of your problem, then you will need to determine the correct URL for the actual audio stream or MP3 file.

If the audio isn't playing due to a bug on the Samsung device you have, the only thing you can do is wait for a device update from Samsung or try a different device.

Over the years I know that some Samsung phones have gotten "stuck" because of bugs in the Samsung update software that causes update attempts to fail; I believe in some cases the users needed to force the update in some way. So you might want to check what version of the Samsung firmware your phone has to see if it is actually the newest version available for that phone.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Andromo App Maker please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

15 Aug, 2018 04:48 PM
15 Aug, 2018 04:44 PM
14 Aug, 2018 01:19 PM