Shoutcast radio stream

smartphone.aplikacije

27 Oct, 2016 11:35 AM

Hi,

I have a problem with audio streaming. Sometimes it works, sometimes not but mostly not. I have Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone. I've heard that there are some troubles with audio streaming on Samsung devices? Is that true? If so, what can I do?

Best regards

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Lorne Laliberte on 27 Oct, 2016 04:19 PM

Hello,

Yes, it's true that some Samsung devices have problems with audio streaming.

In some cases it's because of changes Samsung has made to the audio framework, which ends up breaking something that would work on a phone running unmodified version of Android.

However, there are some audio streaming formats that just don't work on Android very well -- especially when using the built-in audio framework, as Andromo does. The most problematic format is AAC+SBR. It's possible the stream you're using is using different audio formats or codecs for each song.

If you control the audio stream, one thing you can do is change the format of the audio stream to something that is more likely to be compatible with more Android devices, such as MP3. But even a plain MP3 stream isn't going to work on 100% of devices, depending on what bugs exist in the device's firmware. For example, some older Samsung devices have had broken code that randomly reports audio errors even for working streams, causing them to start playing and then stop right away.

If you don't control the audio stream, there isn't much you can do aside from choose a different stream that is more likely to be compatible.

(Some third-party apps use their own code for problematic audio formats, but doing that legally would require our users to pay very large licensing fees. Andromo only uses the standard Android audio framework so that all the fees are already covered by Google.)

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Andromo App Maker please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac